Residual stress measurements using laboratory X-ray sources and mechanical methods.
For the validation of the process simulations and in order to develop a strategy residual stress analyses were carried out by means of energy dispersive diffraction using high energy synchrotron X-ray radiation (EDXRD) and neutron diffraction.
- Experimental measurement and evaluation strategy to measure local residual stress distribution at the gearshift sleeve
- Residual stress redistribution at the tooth root surface of the inner gearing
- Studies to identify the effects of broaching parameters on the surface layer conditions and residual stress state
- MAXIM-method (MAterials X-ray IMaging) for studies with high lateral/spatial resolution
- Data base for the simulation validation