Development of a holistic Finite-Element-Modell to predict surface integrity after machining under consideration of tool wear:
- Numerical and experimental investigations of chip segmentation when machining Ti-6Al-4V
- Examinations of tool wear behavior
- Analytically and numerically modeling of tool wear
- Surface Integrity characterization after machining
- Thermal and mechanical loads are calculated reliably by the simulation model of machining Ti-6Al-4V
- Tool wear simulations show good accordances with the experimentally achieved tool lifetimes.